Wednesday, 1 January 2014

New Year Resolutions

 photo 312dcf2e-0a50-4b2d-9c38-c99dc48d17dd.jpg
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a lovely night celebrating bringing in the new year, and I also hope that your Christmases were great too! (Christmas seems like ages ago now, am I right?)
I've never been too into New Year's, as it's never been a big thing in my family, but as I grew older, I started to see it as a fresh start for your life, letting you see what aspects of your life you want to improve upon. When I was younger, I saw them as a bit stupid, mostly because the most popular one people did (and still do) was to try and go to the gym more. And we all know how that one ends up.

But this year I've decided I will set myself a couple of goals, just some easy ones, to make myself feel a bit better as a person:

My first one is to be better at communication. I'm absolutely rubbish at texting my friends; I'm the type of person that will text someone once in a blue moon. Yes, I'm that bad. It doesn't mean that I don't like them, it's just that I don't need to speak to my friends all of the time. We can go months without having a proper chat, but as soon as we meet, it's like we were never apart.
But even so, I'm going to try and improve that part of myself, and show my friends that I'm always there for them.

My second resolution is to try and read more books. I'm aiming to read at least 24 books by this time next year. That's just two books a month. Seems easy doesn't it. But since becoming employed, my books are just sitting on a shelf gathering dust. And I feel like I'm missing out not reading them. It's also because I bought my mum a kindle for Christmas, and she's found her love for books again. Seeing her reading, something she hasn't really done since I was a small child, inspired me to try harder to pick up my books and remind myself why I can spend hours doing nothing else.

They probably don't seem like much to anyone else, but to me this is what is important at the moment I write this post. There is a very high chance I'll think of something else, and I'll just add it to the list of things that will (hopefully) improve my life.

What resolutions have you decided to try this year, if you are even doing any?

Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment