Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Let's Run Away To The Circus


I can't believe I'm into my third year of university already. It's all gone so quickly. 
I remember being in that first lecture two years ago, sitting with people that I didn't know, people that would soon become my friends, and the lecturer saying that the next three years will be over before you know it. Obviously at the time you think, 'What? As if!' And it is unbelievable, until suddenly you realise that was two years ago, and you're now in your last year. 
That as of June next year, you are never going to sit in another lecture theatre, listening to the lecturers' (sometimes) funny anecdotes; you will no longer be sitting in the canteen with your friends laughing and playing Trivial Pursuit on someone's iPod; and you won't be nervously revising for your exams in the library anymore.

But hey, let's not get too upset just yet. After all, that's nearly nine months away...

Anyway, since moving into my uni house, my housemates and I have had the problem of not having access to the internet for two weeks. So for a lack of things to do in the evenings (after all there is a limit to how much partying or watching TV/movies you can handle) I decided to read some of the books I didn't manage to read over the summer.

The Night Circus
Erin Morgenstern

How can I describe it?
It is just... 

Beautiful.

Honestly, I just loved it. It was everything I had hoped for in a book. 
I grew up as part of the Harry Potter generation (God I miss it!) and as such I've always had a love for a book that contains magic. Which is (partly) why I loved The Night Circus.
It's not often that I get so involved in a book, but while reading I honestly wished that Le Cirque des Rêves was real. I became a rêveur just from reading the book.

Obviously, the book is not just about the circus. Although the descriptions given are so mesmerising, I wouldn't have minded if it was.
It has a charming plot, containing a slow, but wonderfully written romance. So wonderful that it made me so happy and warm just reading it. Although I think the magic helped a little with the romance.

If there is one thing you should definitely do, it is to read this book. 
You will not regret it. Not one little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment